8th Grade Transition to HS
The School Counseling Office provides
opportunities to help the 8th grade students make a successful transition to
the high school. These opportunities include:
• Transition information is provided through the
8th grade class students have with their School Counselor. More
information can be found under that link.
• The high school administration and school
counselors come to the middle school to meet with students to provide them with
course selection materials and answer questions.
• A field trip to the LCCTC is provided for all students
to learn about the programs that are available in high school.
• 8th grade students visit the high school for a
guided tour of the building, along with the experience of purchasing and eating
lunch in the high school cafeteria.
• There is an opportunity for all incoming 9th
graders and parents to attend an informational meeting about the high school.
• Students are assigned to a School Counselor at
the high school based on last name, who will follow them throughout their high
• School Counselors provide information about
student needs for the upcoming year.