Home > Palmyra Area School District > Special Education > School Social Worker
The District School Social Worker/Home and School Visitor has a Master's degree in Social Work and is Pennsylvania-certified in the area of Home/School Visitor. She serves as a liaison between school and student home on attendance/ truancy issues; liaison between school and community groups providing outreach and benefit programs for special needs students; responsible party for determination of student eligibility for variety of school and community benefit programs.
Specific responsibilities of the Home and School Visitor include the following:
- Assists staff and parents with information about individual child’s capabilities, needs, etc.
- Assists students and families in matters of concern regarding school attendance or special needs.
- Participates in IEP teams
- Identifies students excluded from typical student activities as a result of socio-economic disadvantages and provide aid or remediation to include students in school life.
- Referrals for district students and families to appropriate community agencies.
- Completes home visits for determination of school jurisdiction for attendance in district.
- Serves as Homeless liaison for Palmyra Area School District.