Home > Palmyra Area High School > Guidance > Summer Opportunities
Pennsylvania School for Excellence in the Agricultural Sciences
- The College of Agricultural Sciences at Penn State first hosted this enrichment program in 1986. Over the years, this special program has impacted over 1600 participants in exploring college life and the expansive and diverse fields of agricultural science and natural resources. This is a four-week residential program held primarily at Penn State's University Park campus for academically talented and gifted high school rising seniors from throughout Pennsylvania. Application deadline is February 26, 2021
University of Pittsburgh Health Career Scholars Academy
- Mixing the dynamic world of health care with the expertise of University of Pittsburgh academics and facilities shapes a unique, academically rigorous, hands-on campus experience for students attending the Health Career Scholars Academy (UPHCSA) each summer. The Academy is often a springboard for future studies in medicine. This program is for sophomores and juniors at the time of application. Application deadline is February 26, 2021
Penn State University S.C.O.P.E. (Summer College Opportunity Program in Education)
- S.C.O.P.E. is a four week academic intensive program for high school sophomores from multicultural backgrounds interested in careers in teaching, counseling, special education, rehabilitation, or educational administration. During the four-week program students will: take college courses, prepare for the SAT, and learn time management and other study skills. Applications are due by March 8, 2021.
IUP Summer Honors Program
- Hosted by IUP's Cook Honors College, this inexpensive two week summer program offers academic enrichment and immersion in a college honors program. The application deadline is May 1, 2021
Carnegie Mellon Pre-College Programs
- Through these programs, rising juniors and seniors in high school have the opportunity to experience world-class education. Mirroring the undergraduate experience, our Pre-College program gives students the opportunity to explore their interests while receiving instruction from acclaimed Carnegie Mellon faculty and staff.
* Summer Session
- students take two full-length Carnegie Mellon courses in a variety of disciplines, ranging from Computer Science, History to Music Technology.
* National High School Game Academy
- for students who want to learn about modern video game development through a unique blend of left- and right-brain college-level work.
* Computational Biology
- a three-week program for students looking to learn more about the intersection of the two disciplines.
* Unique programs in the Fine Arts - Architecture
- in which the students experience developing their skills in a conservatory or studio setting.
* Writing and Culture
is a new program. Guided by the mentorship and instruction of our highly distinguished, permanent faculty members, students will improve their ability to analyze complex, ever-changing problems through astute investigations of culture and society.
Students may apply for the program here
Duke University Summer Session
- This summer, Duke University is offering more opportunities than ever to engage in one of their transformative programs: Summer College at Duke
(four-week academic credit program for US students currently in grades 10 or 11 and international students currently in grades 10 - 12) Summer Academy
- Traditional (three week academic enrichment program for students currently in grades 9 - 12) Intensive STEM Academy
(one week academic enrichment program for students currently in grades 9 - 12)
Gettysburg College Summer Programs
- Gettysburg College is excited to offer several opportunities for high school juniors and sophomores to attend virtual academic camps over the summer months.
- Virtual Camp Psych: Campers will get hands-on experiences that introduce them to research in psychology during this fun, challenging, and engaging introduction to the field.
- Civil War Era Studies Virtual Camp: Campers will get to enjoy historic Gettysburg, Pennsylvania while studying American Civil War History through unique learning experiences. Students will explore the circumstances leading to the war, investigate significant battles during the war, and explore the condition of the United States after the war.
- Young Writers Virtual Workshop: Students gain an in-depth introduction to all four genres of creative writing: fiction, poetry, nonfiction, and writing for stage and screen.
Johns Hopkins Pre-College Summer Engineering Program at HACC-Harrisburg
Johns Hopkins University is pleased to offer two pre-college programs this summer for high school students: Engineering Innovation and Biomedical Engineering Innovation.
- Engineering Innovation will be offered as a commuter program at HACC-Harrisburg in Harrisburg, PA, from June 15 - July 16.
- Biomedical Engineering Innovation is a fully-online course.
Juniata College Health Professions Institute
- The Health Professions Institute provides opportunities for high school students to experience different areas of health care as a career discipline while participating in a high-quality, lab-based learning experience. This camp is for rising high school sophomores, juniors, and seniors who want to explore healthcare-related careers through participation in a variety of dynamic learning experiences.
Lebanon Valley College (LVC) Actuarial Science Summer Camp
- This summer camp opportunity is a week-long intensive program for rising high school seniors designed to help them decide if they're interested in actuarial careers. Camps will be offered online June 20-25, 2021, and July 11-16, 2021. Lehigh University Summer Academy
- Lehigh University is offering a three-week pre-college program for rising 6th-11th graders.Mercy College Leadership Academy
- This program is geared toward rising seniors who have a passion for business and demonstrated leadership and public speaking skills.
Messiah College Summer Camps
- Messiah College offers numerous summer opportunities including a Young Writer's workshop, a Young Filmmaker's workshop, Family and Consumer Sciences Career Exploration Camp, Psychology Camp and a Sustainability Camp. These programs will be offered in June and July.NYU Precollege
- With NYU Precollege, rising juniors and seniors can apply to take college-level courses for credit and experience life as an NYU student. Credit-bearing courses are available in more than 30 subjects to fit every interest and academic need. Precollege hosts social events and activities to create a sense of community and help students get to know one another while exploring the city around them.
Pennsylvania Free Enterprise Week (PFEW)
- This week-long program offers rising juniors and seniors the chance to see what it is like to run their own business. It is held 4 times throughout the summer at either Lycoming College or Pennsylvania College of Technology. Graduates of the program who go on to attend Lycoming College or Penn Tech are eligible for up to $20,000 in scholarships. For more information, go to https://www.pfew.org/index.php
. Stanford Pre-Collegiate Studies -
We offer programs across a wide variety of disciplines including arts, humanities, science, and math, giving highly motivated students the opportunity to investigate advanced topics not typically taught in secondary schools. Participants engage in small classes with brilliant instructors and peers who share their passions.
Susquehanna University Summer Programs
- Stanford Summer Arts Institute students in grades 9–11 come together for a three-week intensive interdisciplinary arts program offering academically rigorous, hands-on courses in art, visual design, and music.
- Stanford Summer Humanities Institute students in grades 10 and 11 explore the big questions at the heart of the humanities in seminars led by distinguished Stanford professors during this three-week residential program.
- Stanford Pre-Collegiate Summer Institutes allows students in grades 8–11 to engage in single-subject intensive study selected from a wide range of disciplines, and benefit from small class size and academically themed residences.
- Stanford AI4ALL, formerly SAILORS, invites young women in grade 9 to apply to this three-week residential summer program. Participants learn about topics in AI, partake in ongoing research at Stanford, and receive mentorship from professors, graduate students, and industry professionals.
- Stanford University Mathematics Camp (SUMaC) students participate in a highly-selective program centered around lectures, guided research, and group problem solving in advanced math topics. This four-week program is intended for an elite group of talented students in grades 10 and 11.
- Stanford Pre-Collegiate University-Level Online Math and Physics offers 13 courses throughout the year, including a summer term for high school students, grades 9–12. Students earn Stanford University Continuing Studies credit.
- Spend a week living on a college campus with other high school students who share your passion. Our programs will allow you to get a taste of college life and challenge, inspire, and prepare you for the future. University of Delaware Summer Programs
- UD offers many programs for high school students at various levels, with various interests. Some give students experience working in a particular field, othes allow them to earn college credit, while a few cover SAT/ACT prep.
Pennsylvania State Police Camp Cadet
- Camp Cadet is a police-oriented summer camp for youth ages 12 - 15 from Berks, Lebanon, and Schuylkill counties. The purpose of the camp is to provide youth with a positive growth experience within the framework of a "mini" police academy structure.